Miriam joined Ferguson Widmayer & Clark PC in 2023. Before joining FWC she spent the first five years of her career practicing in the area of family law. She was drawn to estate planning as a way to help people in a meaningful way, a goal she has had since childhood and something she strives to achieve in her practice as an attorney. Miriam takes pride in helping individuals and families achieve peace of mind in planning for life’s events along with building long term relationships with her clients.
In addition to her professional work, Miriam is dedicated to serving the bar and community as a member of the State Bar of Michigan Young Lawyers Section Council. She also previously served on the Women Lawyers Association of Michigan Domestic Violence Committee.
As a first generation Chaldean American, Miriam is part of a close-knit family and was born and raised in Oakland County. She now resides in the Ann Arbor area with her husband where they enjoy the city’s dining, plentiful events, and diverse community.
Areas of Practice
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Estate Planning
- Michigan, 2018
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2019
- Michigan State University College of Law, JD cum laude
- Jurisprudence Achievement Award - Legal Analysis and Writing
- Loyola University Chicago, BA, magna cum laude
- State Bar of Michigan, Young Lawyers Section
- Executive Council Member, District 3, 2020-Present
- Washtenaw County Bar Association
- Co-Chair, Family Law Section, September 2021-September 2023
- Women Lawyers Association of Michigan
- Domestic Violence Committee, June 2020-June 2022
- Pro Bono and Public Service Award for Participation in the Homes for Generations program (group award), Washtenaw County Bar Association, 2022
- State Bar of Michigan Young Lawyers Section Next Level Award, 2023